Are you an experienced Controls Technician looking to grow with a worldwide leader for HVAC and Building Automation?
Trane is seeking a Building Automation Controls Technician for the East Syracuse, NY area.
This role has been designated as On-Site –In-person required. Work must be done on-site daily.
In this role, you will be performing installations (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control systems in a commercial setting.
If you have 3+ years of experience with controls, Trane wants to hear from you
Why Trane Technologies is the best for Controls Technicians:
- Competitive Pay:Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program. Overtime opportunities are available.
- Full Benefits: Including medical, dental, vision, 401k with up to 6% matching, core company contribution of 2%, 8 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation time, life insurance, and more!
- Valuable Training:featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training; formal internal training programs for those looking to add to their industry knowledge, as well as continued learning for those who want to sharpen their HVAC skills
- Career Advancement:opportunities for career development and promotions as well as a tuition reimbursement program
- Perks:Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high-speed laptop, smartphone, specialized tools, uniforms, PPE, and safety boot allowance
- Independent Work Days: At Trane, we trust you to get the job done right. Most days, you’ll be dispatched from your house and can enjoy working independently!
- Factory support– Because you are working with Trane, you will enjoy having access to the factory and getting the job done right the first time! Plus, you have access to Tech Hub, a nationwide support platform to connect you with others to get you the support you need.
What you’ll be doing:
In this position, you will leverage your knowledge of electronics, direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and building control techniques to ensure the BAS system is running smoothly. You will also use a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system in a diverse commercial and industrial environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with commercial controls and BAS systems
- Previous background in programming, commissioning, and startup of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara-based controls systems is highly desirable.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office and comfortable with hand-held devices (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- A valid driver’s license, with no major or frequent traffic violations
- EPA Certification Preferred
- Ability to work rotation and/or overtime to support the business, including occasional overnight stays
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
About the Company: At Trane Technologies®, we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, and dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Base Compensation Range is $70,000-$105,000.
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.