Job Title: Maintenance Electrician/Technician
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical / electrical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic circuits, conveyor systems, and production machines; using schematics, blueprints, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications to complete tasks.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions to locate sources of problems by observing mechanical / electrical machinery in operation and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance and electrical techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate and repair parts by using machine shop equipment.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Test performance of electrical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic multi-meters.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepare mechanical / electrical maintenance work reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for historical logs.
- Maintain continuity among team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results
Skills / Qualifications for Electrician:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, Automated Systems, Electronics Electrician or equivalent.
- Knowledge will include but is not limited to testing, troubleshooting, and servicing all types of electrical equipment including AC and DC drives, PLC’s, and their associated control networks and I/O.
- Good mechanical skills, including welding, hydraulics and pneumatics are also desired.
- Good Organizational and Communication skills.
- Test, maintain, or calibrate electrical equipment using sound troubleshooting skills and experience. Must be able to be creative in problem solving as most equipment has been modified. May assist Millwrights in mechanical repairs and or complete by yourself.
- Must be able to Work Nights and Weekends up to 12-hour shifts
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the Poster, EEO is the Law.