We are a 100% recycled food service carton manufacturing facility seeking candidates to join our Kalamazoo, MI Carton team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for an entry level Web or Converting Extra with a pay rate of $19.05/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases.We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with a generous earning potential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, paid vacation & holidays, optional health, dental, vision, and group life insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect pet insurance, home & auto insurance programs, purchasing power, tuition reimbursement, supplemental insurance offerings, Identity Protection, and prepaid Legal Services. Tobacco cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, uniform service, safety shoe, and safety prescription-eye wear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
We are looking for someone like you, who has a passion for safety, who is a self-starter, who takes initiative, who can communicate well with team members, and who can work independently in a manufacturing environment. You will understand and align business operations with your core job functions and execute within your roll to exceed customer expectations. You will be part of the team that drives for a safe work place, for continuous improvement, and for success, while supporting the GPI business, cultural, financial, and operational objectives. This position will provide summer vacation replacement and/or medical replacement coverage during times of need. The medical or vacation replacement will be hired to covered the business needs of the company while offering an opportunity for said employee to seek long term employment following the completion of the MR/ VR position.
Operate or tend a printing machine and folder/gluer machine that transforms paperboard into various consumer packaging products.
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to read and interpret job jacket information on upcoming jobs on production schedule.
- Responsible for locating sheeted board and comparing label on skid with job jacked to ensure correct material.
- Operates pallet jack to move skids from raw material warehouse to press room.
- Loads skids of sheeted board on press conveyer and maintains conveyer during entire production run.
- Responds to Pressman with any special request during press make ready, monitors press feed during press runs.
- Responsible for filling all press chemicals, loading inks, putting away inks when done with job and refilling process inks on press shelf when needed.
- Understand the importance of environmental responsibilities and proper disposal of press waste.
- Responsible for ensuring all used rags are disposed of in rag bin and that the lid remain closed
- Removes any full AQ/Fountain solution flush water drums from press to Non-Hazardous waste staging area.
- Ensures that any new drum used to collect waste at the press are properly labeled.
- Responsible for cleaning ink knives, cleaning ink fountains, cleaning water buckets, cleaning any coater spills, cleaning washer blades and keeping the press area in a clean state, as well as emptying all garbage bins in press area.
- Responsible for picking up used rags and gloves in press area, changing rag bag when full and maintaining stack of clean rags for use on the press.
- Assists the pressman in any maintenance of the press.
- Follows all company safety requirements.
- Comply with all company rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as required to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the Company.
FULL-TIME direct hire position with a 60-day probationary period for performance and attendance. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
- 80 hours of work in a 2 week work period plus scheduled mandatory overtime or voluntary overtime as needed.
- Rotating 12 hour shifts (7:00 to 7:00)
- 12-hour days (7:00am – 7:00pm) – rotating shift pattern of 2-2-3
- 12-hour nights (7:00pm – 7:00am) – rotating shift pattern of 2-2-3
- Crew changes from days to nights every 28 days.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 200 lb. load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
- Must be able to detect color and shades of color.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster