Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape imaginative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most creative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and curious client-focused Sr Mechanical Engineerto grow with our team.
Supporting our Client at their site in Quantico, VA, the Sr Mechanical Engineer provides technically complex and robust mechanical systems to support mission-critical environments, including data centers, command/control facilities, administrative spaces and central plants. You will work with other in-house design professionals to create more reliable, sustainable, and resilient facilities for our clients. Our projects bring innovative solutions to our clients’ needs both locally and worldwide.
- Prepare studies and planning reports for new initiatives
- Prepare load analysis for initial and ongoing stages of design
- Prepare and analyze CFD studies using Six Sigma
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms using Trane TRACE and Carrier HAP
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed utilizing AutoCAD and REVIT
- Prepare basis of design analyses and reports for each project
- Select and specify equipment
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Review construction shop drawings and respond to RFI’s.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- US Citizenship
- Active, fully adjudicated Top Secret security clearance.
- Candidates with active SECRET clearances are encouraged to apply
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (ME focus)
- EIT certification
- 05+ years of experience in the design of building mechanical systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Professional Engineering (PE) certification
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.