- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, youmatter.Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
- Benefits –Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment– We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development– We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
The medical assistant (MA) functions as a member of the clinic’s patient care team that includes registered nurses (RN), clinic assistants, technicians, clerical staff, physician assistants (PA), nurse practitioners (NP), and physicians. The MA performs technical, patient related functions and clerical functions in the ambulatory setting. The MA is also aware of psychosocial needs of patients and families. The MA will support clinic operations and deliver patient care focusing on safe, quality care to ensure that UnityPoint Health – Meriter’s values are met. The position may fill in for phlebotomy as needed.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program (One year program at Vocational School) and is certified or eligible for certification or registration as a Medical Assistant by an accrediting organization or association OR completion of an LPN program OR EMT Certified
- Current CPR certification
- Enjoys working with variety of patient ages and conditions/diagnosis
- Excellent organizational, internal, and external service excellence skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present oneself as a professional
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever changing environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work well independently and within teams
- Ability to prioritize work in an efficient manner
- Ability to recognize and respond to urgent needs in a timely manner
- Holds current certification or registration as a Medical Assistant OR Licensed Practical Nurse
- Prior knowledge/experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
- Prior knowledge/experience working with regulatory standards (e.g. CMS, Joint Commission)
Hours Per Week