Highland Industries, Inc.is a leader in Industrial and Automotive textile product solutions. Highland is part of the Joyson global family, which remains focused on world-class safety systems for the automotive industry.
Highland Industries has an immediate need for textile Weaversin our Cheraw, South Carolina Industrial Fabrics Manufacturing Facility.
40 hours per week average at this time (Customer order driven and can change). We have positions open on 2ndand 3rdshift. The hours for 2ndwill be (4p – 12am)and for 3rdthe hours are 12:00am – 8:00am. We prefer Weaving experience but no experience necessary. We will train someone who wants to learn a new skill.
Job Duties Include:
- Must conduct your work in a safe manner, following all company required safe work rules. Report any accidents near misses and or unsafe conditions immediately. Attend all required safety training. Maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- Manage and maintain a set of large Industrial Sewing Machines called Weaving Looms; Watch for quality and repair minor issues when one stops off; Make minor repairs on looms when they stop off to get them back running and flag any looms that need major repairs where necessary; help other where needed in the department;
- Ensure that the Looms run to optimum efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Weave first quality cloth, while patrolling assigned looms for stops and quality;
- Repair warp and filling breaks, Record smashes on smash board, enter information in computer, check efficiency, stops, etc.
- Communicate with the transitioning Weaver at the beginning and end of your shift about anything they may need to be aware of.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior manufacturing and textiles experience is preferred. Willing to train someone with no experience.
- Must Pass criminal background check and drug screen.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have previous exposure to Manufacturing software or demonstrate the ability to learn the Manufacturing software currently in use at the facility. (Inventory Tracking, barcoding etc..)
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Demonstrated ability to speak/communicate effectively.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Must be able to reach with arms (above the head), use hands and have finger dexterity to knot, thread and handle fine yarns and tools. Right hand dominance is an asset. Required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, walk, talk and hear. This position requires good clear vision and including color, peripheral, distance, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus. Routine exposure to a noisy environment. Climbs stairs and / or ladders. This position occasionally requires lifting between 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and electricity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; PPE is required to safeguard against hearing loss.
- The work area is climate-controlled year-round, however, some areas may be warmer than others.
- Moving machinery is present, as well as transportation traffic that move items in and around the work areas.
- It is a smoke free campus. This includes restrooms and parking lots.
- Work Remotely – No(You must be able to work at the plant site)
Highland Industries supports a Drug-Free Workplace. Any offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the candidate passing a post-offer, pre-employment drug and satisfactory background check.
We offer an impressive compensation/benefits package, including 401K, health, life, disability insurances and much more. For more information about our company, please visit our website www.highlandindustries.com
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No third party resumes accepted
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.80 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All employees are required to scan temperatures on the way in to work. Face masks are optional at this time and not required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cheraw, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are there any days of the week in which you cannot work?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location