About AQuity Solutions:
AQuity Solutions delivers superior clinical and financial results to healthcare provider clients through virtualized services. Headquartered in Cary, NC, AQuity employs over 7,000 clinical documentation specialists throughout the U.S., India, Australia, Canada, and the U.K. for medical transcription, medical coding, virtual scribing, interim management, and Medico-Legal document prep services. With over 45 years of experience, AQuity is recognized as a leading vendor in multiple disciplines.
As an experienced Rehab Inpatient coder, you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting for rehab inpatient services using ICD-10 CM/PCS coding systems. You will use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding professional, we may ask you to mentor new hires by providing education and training. We may need for you to perform other responsibilities when production requirements allow.
- Reviews Medical Records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient’s healthcare encounter concurrently every three days and final code the encounter.
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic and the Official Inpatient Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Ability to meet productivity standards while maintaining a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists with other responsibilities when requested.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability, and mutual respect.
- Licenses/Certifications; CCS required with RHIT or RHIA preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Rehab Inpatient coding experience
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 CM/PCS coding principles and guidelines, DRG Assignment, MCC/CC capture, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding, and billing
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology, and disease processes
- A high-level of coding accuracy, critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be detailed and articulate
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
We have a wide array of customers providing our coders the opportunity to work with different environments and specialty areas- so every day is something new and exciting. The best thing- you can do this from the comfort of your own home. Our coders have an opportunity to work remotely and can work flexible hours contingent on client’s needs.