Los Gatos, California
Client and UI Engineering
Who We Are
Netflix has been changing the way people watch TV and movies for over 25 years with more than 220 million subscribers across the globe.
The Member Web UI team is responsible for building the best possible experience across different browsers and devices for our members on netflix.com. With native browser streaming, we value creating a highly optimized application that can run on various networks while using React and Node.js to create an immersive user interface.
We work with cross-functional partners ranging from product managers, designers, and data scientists to build exciting new features with A/B tests. The versatility of the web platform enables us to test features and gain valuable product insight. We are seeking an engineer in testing to help support the developer experience by creating an environment that strengthens our team’s testing skill set.
Who You Are
- An individual that is an advocate for quality.
- Someone who values a testing mindset with awareness of the complexity involved for global products.
- A systems thinker who can reason through the interactions of complex services to understand technical and business tradeoffs.
- An open and proactive communicator who shares context, ideas, and feedback while educating others to become more self-sufficient.
What you will do
- Design and implement automation using object-oriented testing frameworks similar to Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, React Testing Library, and Jest.
- Develop a testing strategy and framework that educates others.
- Debug issues with a variety of tools and settings to assist in identifying the root cause in close partnership with UI engineers.
- Gather and analyze operational data to gain insights on how to improve test stability, performance, and developer engagement.
What sets you apart?
- Effectively collaborating with partners from across the company with various backgrounds and points of view.
- You are self-directed and curious. Our team sets up our processes and drives technical decisions.
- Broad awareness of A/B testing and an understanding of the value that data contains for how it can provide clearer insights as well as influence decisions.
- We believe safe spaces where everyone can be their authentic selves is the key to a successful team so we welcome and embrace all identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Our US-based team is happy to embrace remote work.
Netflix is a global entertainment company with over 220M members around the world. The Client and UI Engineering organization is passionate about building fantastic customer experiences on every internet-connected device imaginable. We live and breathe our freedom & responsibility culture.