TandemAI is an advanced technology company dedicated to reinventing drug discovery infrastructure. The company integrates proprietary AI-driven, high-performance computation with its efficient, large-scale in-house wet lab operations to deliver a turnkey drug discovery solution.
About the Role
The Sr./Principal Software Engineer will develop efficient scientific software and large-scale workflows for accelerating drug discovery as part of our software engineering team.
- Collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of computational and medicinal chemists, machine learning and data engineers, biophysicists, and biologists to write clean, robust code for a world-class computational drug discovery platform
- Design, implement and deploy best-in-class scientific computational workflows that are computationally efficient and robust on heterogeneous computing environments
- Manage code repositories, test automation, and deploy production-level code
- Ensure long-term maintainability and consistent performance of deployed software tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 6-8 years relevant experience (or PhD in one of these field with 3-5 years of relevant experience)
- Hands-on experience with developing efficient scientific software
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures analysis
- Experience with designing and implementing robust workflows
- Expertise in programming language(s) like Python and C/C++
- Familiarity with machine learning, physics-based simulation, scientific workflow management, and high performance data-parallel computing on multicore and GPU architectures
- Experience with computer-aided drug design and cheminformatics a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to non-specialists
At TandemAI, we are committed to building a world-class team whose culture is founded on collaboration, intellectual curiosity, trust, and respect. We firmly believe that our exceptional staff will be the key to our success and are committed to high standards and rigorous science. Because of this, we are prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare, a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and a flexible work schedule.