At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory – disrupting the $100B database market – with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
The database team works on all aspects of the query executing within Druid that includes SQL planning, query optimization, query functions and distributed query execution. In this role, you will build new query capabilities and work on various performance improvements through SQL planning, vectorization, storage optimization, etc. You will also be heavily involved in the development and technical direction of the open-source Apache Druid project.
- Extend the druid query engine and storage system to support a wider class of query functions
- Build complex query capabilities with the best query performance
- Work with the field engineering team so they can offer the best support to our customers
- Help in the growth of Apache Druid community through code and design reviews
- Experience developing high concurrency, performance-oriented Java systems
- Using standard tools to tune, profile, and debug Java Virtual Machines (JVM)
- Solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews and deep focus on testability and quality
- Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support staff, and other engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working on internals of large-scale distributed systems and databases such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, ElasticSearch.
- A history of open-source contributions is a plus; being a contributor on data-related projects is a big plus
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off – USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $198,000.00 – $242,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote