Americo: We’re in this for life!
The roots of the Americo family of companies date back more than 100 years. Americo is a life insurance, annuity, and Medicare Supplement Insurance company providing innovative products to our customers. At Americo, it’s the people who make things work, so we hope you join us!
We are looking for a Portfolio Analyst to join our Investments department. The Portfolio Analyst will be in charge of providing timely, accurate analysis and reporting of the investment portfolio to the Investment Department, Investment Committee, and other departments for internal and external use. Data management and portfolio analytics systems must be maintained to provide information relevant to the current investment portfolio. A significant portion of the work produced by this position is presented to the Executive Management of Americo.
- Produce Various reports on the investment portfolio daily, monthly, and quarterly and maintain the investment database.
- Produce weekly reports for the Investment Committee related to investment performance and current activity.
- ALM-Allocate assets to appropriate lines of business throughout the year, update and maintain Bondedge, and run Bondedge cash flow reports annually for the Actuarial Department.
- ERM-Ensure compliance with state regulations and company investment policy.
- Cash management and cash analysis-trade report and maintain a high level of knowledge on cash available in each portfolio account.
- Provide investment portfolio information for annual rating agency surveys.
- Produce charts for annual rating agency presentations detailing investment portfolio characteristics.
- Reconcile Bloomberg to the accounting system on a regular basis.
- Basic knowledge of fixed income and equity securities, portfolio management and portfolio construction, and detailed knowledge of investment terms such as yield, average life, duration, book value, etc.
- Basic knowledge of life insurance company reporting requirements and investment regulations.
- Strong math background.
- Extremely high standard for accuracy.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access with the ability to write equations for queries and reports.
- Proficient knowledge of software used for investment analysis, portfolio management, and reporting such as Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel/Access), Bloomberg as well as other financial and statistical software packages.
- Experience with BondEdge is preferred.
- Analytical skills required when producing/reviewing reports. Must be able to identify and validate changes in monthly performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to focus on tasks and work independently without supervision.
- Ability to build on and improve current processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields.
What you’ll love about working at Americo:
Compensation: You’ll feel valued with our competitive pay and robust bonus program that’s offered to all associates.
Learning and development: We prepare you with a comprehensive, paid training program that will get you ready for success. Additionally, our Talent Development team creates a variety of development opportunities for associates at every stage of their careers.
Work-life balance: We place true value on work-life balance with our generous paid time off; you begin accruing hours right off the bat every month and it increases with tenure. All new hires earn over 4 weeks of paid time off annually, plus 11 paid company holidays! We also support new parents with a generous new child leave program, along with paid STD and LTD.
Health and well-being: We commit to your health and well-being and are proud to offer comprehensive health and life insurance options including FSA or HSA accounts and subsidies to support your health and fitness goals through vendor partnerships at The Y, Orange Theory, WW, and more.
Future planning: Americo offers a 401(k) with a company match, and we provide child care and education tax credits or savings options.
Giving back: We support several local organizations like Ronald McDonald House, Hope Lodge, the American Red Cross, Harvesters, and many more. Our associates volunteer their time and donate money alongside the company to make a difference in our community.
The fun stuff: Americo participates in Kansas City Corporate Challenge, and it’s a great way to connect with coworkers. Additionally, we host events like a Royals Party at the K, a legendary Holiday Party, and in-office events with local vendors as a way for associates to step away from work and enjoy each other’s company.
Bustling environment: Our newly renovated offices are conveniently located in downtown Kansas City, within walking distance to your favorite restaurants and attractions. Plus, you’ll receive complimentary paid parking near our Americo offices – downtown parking is a premium, but we’ve got you covered.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location